Boolean Operators are useful for discovering desired candidates in Search. They allow you to quickly filter candidates by combining search terms with specific AND, OR, and NOT operators.
Note: Boolean operators are only supported for certain attribute sections at this time: Current Role, Current or Past Company, Must-Have Skills.
Using AND, OR, and NOT operators
- Use AND in a query to narrow your candidate results
- “blockchain and cloud computing” uncovers candidates who match all criteria
- Use OR in a query to broaden your candidate results
- “software engineer or frontend developer” uncovers candidates who match any criteria
- Alternatively, comma separated values will also combine the search terms as ORs (e.g. “software engineer, frontend developer”)
- Use NOT in a query to exclude candidates who match the search criteria
- “not google.com” excludes candidates who currently work at Google
Steps for using Boolean operators
- Navigate to an existing search or create a new search from the homepage
- Locate the main search bar
- Choose an attribute section from the dropdown and apply your query
Alternatively – choose Current Role or Must-Have Skills from the dropdowns, or click + in the Attributes sidebar to apply Boolean queries