As you start running campaigns across multiple ICPs you may soon hit the daily sending limits of your inbox. This limit varies depending on the service provider -- Gmail has a limit of 2000 emails per day, while Outlook has a limit of 1000 emails per day.
You can read more about the sending limits here:
If the daily sending limit is reached, your account can get suspended for 24 hours. If it gets suspended please refer to the instructions mentioned in the below-listed articles to restore your account:
It is strongly recommended that once you integrate your inbox with Findem you set up daily email limits for your inbox to avoid suspension of your account.
How to set daily limits
You can set two types of limits in Findem.
- Default Daily Sent Rate -- This is the total number of emails, across all the campaigns, that can be sent from the integrated inbox on any given day.
- Campaign Daily Sent Rate -- This is the total number of emails, for a given campaign, that can be sent from the integrated inbox on any given day.
Setting Default Daily Sent Rate
- Go to the Settings page.
- Under the Senders section, click Edit
- The default setting for the default daily send rate is Unlimited. Set a custom send rate limit as per your requirement. We recommend putting a rate limit that is 70% of the total rate limit that of your email provider. e.g. if the provider's rate limit is 1000 emails per day, keep the default daily sent rate as 700 or less.
Click Save to save the settings.
- This defines the maximum number of emails that can be sent from your email account per day.
Setting Campaign's Daily Sent Rate
- Open the campaign for which you wish to set a send rate limit.
- Goto to the campaign's Customize page
- Under the campaign's Schedule section add the send rate limit in the indicated field
- Click Next to save the campaign.
- In case the default daily send rate is lower than the campaign's daily send rate. The default daily send rate limit is enforced.
|NOTE: As a rule for each campaign lower of the two, i.e. default daily send rate and campaign's daily send rate, value is enforced.|
What happens when the send rate limit is reached?
If either of the daily send rate limits is reached and there are still emails set to be sent out on that day, such emails automatically get rolled over to the next available slot as per your selected schedule.