When running campaigns across multiple searches, you may quickly reach the daily sending limits of your inbox. These limits vary depending on the service provider. For example, Gmail has a limit of approximately 200 emails per day, whereas Outlook allows only approximately 100 emails per day.
You can read more about the sending limits here:
If the daily sending limit is reached, your account can get suspended for 24 hours. If it gets suspended please refer to the instructions mentioned in the below-listed articles to restore your account:
It is strongly recommended that once you integrate your inbox with Findem you set up daily email limits for your inbox to avoid suspension of your account.
How to set daily limits
You can set two types of limits in Findem.
- Default Daily Sent Rate -- This is the total number of emails, across all the campaigns, that can be sent from the integrated inbox on any given day.
- Campaign Daily Sent Rate -- This is the total number of emails, for a given campaign, that can be sent from the integrated inbox on any given day.
Setting Default Daily Sent Rate
- Go to the Settings page.
- Under the Senders section, click Edit
- The default setting for the default daily send rate is Unlimited. Set a custom send rate limit as per your requirement. We recommend putting a rate limit that is 70% of the total rate limit that of your email provider. e.g. if the provider's rate limit is 1000 emails per day, keep the default daily sent rate as 700 or less.
Click Save to save the settings.
- This defines the maximum number of emails that can be sent from your email account per day.
Setting Campaign's Daily Sent Rate
- Open the campaign for which you wish to set a send rate limit.
- Goto to the campaign's Advanced Options
- Click the Send Limit dropdown and select the max number of emails to send per day for this campaign. We recommend 100.
- Click Save to save the campaign.
Note* If the default daily send rate is lower than the campaign's daily send rate. The default daily send rate limit is enforced.
What happens when the send rate limit is reached?
If any of the daily send rate limits are reached, and there are still emails scheduled to be sent out that day, these emails will automatically roll over to the next available slot according to your selected schedule.